Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Gilly Hicks Interior Design

I was recently walking through the mall and had always noticed the store Gilly Hicks and knew of its ties to Abercrombie & Fitch but had never ventured inside. On this day I decided to go in and check it out. I will begin by saying that the actual items they sell there are not all that exciting but OMG the interior is by far one of the most amazing store interiors I have ever seen. (and believe me I've seen a lot) This store left me in utter amazement, I loved everything I saw the beautiful dark woods the simple but catching upholstery, the dim sensual lighting everything about this British Colonial Manor House style threw me into a tissy. The attention to detail left me in awe, I really felt as if I had walked into someone's home the leafy green and what I could only describe as burnt watermelon color palette as well as the intimate furniture arrangement are just spectacular. Immense kudos to interior designer Victoria Stuart Burke! My only criticism is that it is a shame that this masterful design is being wasted on unappreciative teeny boppers looking for skimpy thong underwear.
The pictures above do not do the store any justice if there is one in your area you must stop in and check it out for yourself.
Well are you?
TWA

No comments:

Post a Comment