Saturday, July 3, 2010

Campaign Furniture

Lately I have been obsessed with interior design. It has always been my passion and I hope someday to turn my love for design and history into a (profitable?) career... Maybe use that $90,000 degree I have. Anyway, so I have really been itching to spruce up my room, yes I live in a rental with two roommates and we have turned our living room into my bedroom, but that doesnt mean we cant make it feel like a home and look fabulous, right? With very little funds I have gradually been trying to do things to switch up the space. I moved all of the furniture around (I'll post pics later) then I moved it around again, then again, then again and I think for now I like how its looking but I wanted to infuse some more style into this small space.
I have fallen in love with campaign furniture and would love to collect a bunch of pieces. I have seen all over the blog world lots of inspiration and lots of bloggers find great campaign pieces on craigslist. So I popped over there to see if I too could score. I found this.


When I spotted those pulls I was in love. I knew with a little cleaning they could gleam. Now as you will see in my after picture this piece does not have the detail pieces as the corners but it does have the holes where they would go... ahh why would someone take these off!  But for only $10 I figured if it is terrible I'll just get rid of it.
I decided to just go ahead and paint it white for now, I was thinking navy because I think it would make the pulls look amazing but I held off because the piece is going by a navy accent wall. So this is how it turned out. I am using it as a TV stand now but liked it as a night stand as well. The drawers are great they are so big! I am thinking I might add a high gloss poly spray to give it a little something extra! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment